At City Central Gas we strongly endorse Gas Safety. Faulty appliances in your home can lead to CO poisoning. It can cause death as well as serious long term health problems such as brain damage.
CO is produced by the incomplete burning of natural gas or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). This happens when a gas appliance has been incorrectly fitted, badly repaired or poorly maintained. It can also occur if flues, chimneys or vents are blocked.
If you’re suffering from, headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapses or loss of consciousness, it may be due to the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.
CO symptoms are similar to those of flu, food poisoning, viral infections and fatigue. That’s why it’s common for people to mistake this very dangerous poisoning for something else.
An audible CO alarm will alert you to the presence of the poisonous gas in your home. Although no substitute for having your appliances serviced and checked regularly, fitting an audible CO alarm in your property is strongly recommended as a second line of defense.